Devil's Punchbowl and Gibbet's Hill - 9 miles.
A 14.5km (9 mile) circular walk from Protected content through the surrounding heathland and farmland and visiting Devil’s Punchbowl and Gibbet Hill along the way.
The walk has several climbs and descents throughout. Hindhead Common has grazing livestock at times to help with conservation (including wild ponies and Highland Cattle) and the hay pastures at the National Trust Swan Barn Farm can also be holding conservation livestock (Belted Galloway cattle and Jacob sheep).
1. Take the 9.00am train from Protected content
You can get a discount if you travel in groups.
The walk finishes at Protected content
Parking at the station costs only £2.00
I WILL BE MEETING YOU AT Protected content
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk. Please bring along with you your personal first aid.
3. This is a fairly easy hike but there are some short and steep hills. We will go at a reasonable easy pace.
4. Please wear walking boots or shoes. Preferably water proof. The paths can be muddy and slippery. This depends on the weather we have before the hike. Also bring rain proof jacket in case it rains.
5. There are cafes and pubs along the way, so we will decide on the day where we have lunch but please bring a packed lunch just in case and plenty of water. We will visit a pub after the hike so bring some money with you if you wish to indulge.
6. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
7. Feel free to phone or text me if you have any questions.
8. WAETHER: Please note that it might be necessary to cancel the hike if the weather is really bad. The hike should go ahead is there is little rain.
Please be kind enough to cancel your attendance if you cannot make it and note that repeated non attendance might be reported to Internations management and might result in your removal from any future guest list.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.