Scenic Box Hill hike - Circular 9 miles.
Box Hill lies within the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is the perfect place to explore the beautiful Surrey Hills.
Forming part of the North Downs, Box Hill has breath taking views across the surrounding countryside. It is home to some fantastic wildlife and plants including the Adonis blue butterfly and bee orchid.
This is a circular hike and is approximately 9 miles. It should take around four hours. Please allow extra time for rest stops and lunch. The route has several fairly steep climbs and descents. The paths can get quite muddy and slippery after a wet weather.
The hike should start at 10:30 and finish at 16:00. We will go to a local pub for refreshments afterwards. Bring some money with you for the pub.
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
3. This is a hike only for the reasonably fit hikers or people that exercise regularly. Please do not RSVP if you are new to hiking or unfit.
4. Please wear walking boots or shoes. Preferably water proof. The paths can be muddy and slippery. This depends on the weather we have before the hike.
5. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water. We will find a suitable picnic area along the way.
6. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
7. Please, please, please cancel your attendance if you change your mind, so there is room for others who wish to join.
8. Feel free to phone or text me if you have any questions.
NOTE: I WILL BE MEETING YOU AT BOX HILL AND WESTHUMBLE STATION
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.