Eden Valley and River Meadway - 12 miles.
This is a circular walk. Terrain is woodland paths with rolling hills alongside river Medway.
Hike takes us from the market town of Tonbridge to Tonbridge castle, England's finest example of Motte and Bailey castle with the splendid 13th history gatehouse. We join the Eden Valley path which follows the river Medway through Haysden Country Park and then to Penshurst place, a fine example of a 14th century medival Manor House.
1.Trains: There are trains from Charing Cross or London Bridge to Tonbridge.
Please organise amongst yourselves if you would like a group saver. You can post messages in the activity page
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
3. This is a long hike and suitable for the reasonably fit hikers or people that exercise regularly. Please do not RSVP if you are new to hiking or unfit.
4. Please wear walking boots or shoes. Preferably water proof. The paths can be muddy and slippery. This depends on the weather we have before the hike. Also bring rain proof jacket in case it rains.
5. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water. We might go to a pub after the hike so bring some money with you.
6. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
7. Kasia has decided to make her first guided walk a free one.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.