Tillingbourne Valley North Downs 15.5 miles.
This is a challenging but very scenic walk which explores the area to the south-east of historical Guilford. The landscape is exceptionally varied, with water meadows, valleys, woods, heathland, parkland and fine views from the contrasting chalk hills of the North Downs and the adjacent Greensand.
It encompasses the North Downs ridge, a haunted pool, unusual churches and traces of an industrial era in the Tillingbourne valley.
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
3. This is a long hike with some steep hills and suitable for the reasonably fit people. Please do not RSVP if you are unfit.
4. Please wear walking boots or shoes. Preferably water proof. The paths can be muddy and slippery.
5. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water. We will go to a pub after the hike so bring some money with you.
6. WEATHER: Please note that it might be necessary to cancel the hike if the weather is really bad. The hike should go ahead if there is little rain.
7. Please note that toilets are not always available on hikes, so you might have to go in the bushes.
8. Please cancel if you change your mind.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.