Scenic Countryside - Dorking Circular- 14 miles.
The walk starts with a long stretch along the lower chalk slopes of the National Trust's Denbies Hillside, a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) rich with wildflowers in spring and summer. The Main Walk then heads south into the wooded Greensand Hills, going through the extensive Wotton Estate to the picturesque hamlet of Friday Street with its large Hammer Pond.
This is a long walk and fast pace!!!
1.Trains: There are frequent trains from Waterloo and London Victoria.
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
3. This is a long hike and suitable for the reasonably fit hikers or people that exercise regularly. Please do not RSVP if you are new to hiking or unfit.
4. Please wear walking boots or shoes. Preferably water proof. The paths can be muddy and slippery. This depends on the weather we have before the hike. Also bring rain proof jacket in case it rains.
5. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water. We will go to a pub after the hike so bring some money with you.
6. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
7. Please, please, please cancel your attendance if you change your mind
I will meet you outside the Dorking main station.
£5 guided hike fee.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.