Beginners Rock Climbing Workshop
This workshop is targeted towards beginners and those that wish to refresh their basic knowledge and techniques in rock climbing. The courses duration will be 24 hours, spread out over 4 (Januray 6,13,20 and Protected content / practical sessions, covering the following topics:
• General concepts.
• Identification and correct use of personal safety equipment.
• Interpretation of pictograms. How to read the technical specifications of the equipment
• Analysis of risks associated with sport climbing.
• Learn how to belay and top-rope in tandem. Including communication and individual responsibilities.
• Types of ropes. Handling and care.
• Belay devices (manual and assisted).
• How to recognize and tie the various knots required for belaying and top-roping.
• Techniques for climbing (Boulder and Top Rope)
• Understanding and reading climbing grades.
• Techniques for setting up a safe and effective top rope anchor system (yoyo)
• Identifying a decent climbing crag and recognition of safe anchors.
• Self-belaying system / techniques
• Rappelling / Abseiling
• Climbing Theory: ropes and anchors
• Harness for rock climbing
• Helmet ( it may be a biking/skating helmet)
• 1 HMS Carabiner
• 1 D Shacle
• 1 Security Carabiner (light asimetric)
• Figure 8 or ATC
• Daisy chain or sling 1” x 2 m
• Rope 6-7mm x 1m
• Rock shoes and chalk (optional)
• Notebook & pen to take notes. Camara, useful to register the different processes.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE EQUIPMENT, WE WILL PROVIDE.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.