Hiking in Desierto de los Leones National Park
We are going on a hike through Desierto de Los Leones National Park, all the way up to Ermita de San Miguel.
*NOTICE* This is NOT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS. The entire circuit is 16 km Protected content long. It takes about 4 hours to go all the way up and 2 more to come down.
We go as a group and it's not a race to the top, but if we go too slowly the hike will take longer and be more tiring for everyone.
If you have any doubts or are new to Mexico City send me a message and we can talk about it.
Expenses: everyone is expected to pay for their entrance fees, meals, and split transportation costs. The entrance fee into the park is 20 pesos per car. Parking is suggested Protected content per car.
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes: ideally that cover the ankle
- Pants: no jeans or anything made of cotton. Nylon, polyester is fine
- Top layers: a shirt, a light sweater, and a jacket (layers you can easily take on/off)
- 1.5-2 liters of water, snacks (nuts, fruits), candy or a chocolate bar, and a light lunch.
- 1 backpack
- 1 hat and sunscreen (it can get very sunny near the top)
- CASH IS KING! small bills and coins make splitting expenses easier
- trekking poles
- phone battery
Meetup points: Protected content
I'll send another message Wednesday night with the full details
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.