Join now

Looking for expats to be part of a photo-essay (Addis Ababa)

Call for participants

‘A Home Away From Home’ is an anthropological photo project exploring the expat-life in the diplomatic capital of Africa. Please see download-link at the bottom of this post for more details about the project.

I am looking for expats in Addis who are willing to be part of the project. Participation will involve photographing the workplace, at home or out during social events. Please note, that I am not looking to set up photographs and take up a large part of your time. I want you to go on about your normal day, and as much as possible be a fly on the wall.

In other words, I wish to document the daily life of the expat-community in Ethiopia’s capital. More specifically, I would like to photograph the following:

- Visit the offices and homes of the people that work here.
- Join social events and document official visits, receptions, seminars and conferences.
- Join delegation visits from abroad/home, excursions (for example sightseeing) and project visits.

Basically, everything that goes on in the city that the expats take part in, both work-related and private.

Please note, the aim of this project is to publish the photographs online on my own website and pitch to media to also publish the story. Participation is your agreement that you give consent for the photographs to be used in this way.

Hope to hear from you soon! Any questions, please contact me on the details below:

Terje Abusdal
Photographer
| Local mobile Protected content Protected content | Protected content
---

Project synopsis can be downloaded from here: Protected content

Addis Ababa Forum

Our Global Partners