Join now

painting exhibition opening @ LeLa Art Gallery (Addis Ababa)

LeLa Art Gallery opens of a painting exhibition thsi Saturday, February 4th Protected content 3:00pm onwards at the Ethiopiawi Art Studio Group featuring:

Addis Gezehagn - Acrylic and Mixed Media on Canvas and Paper works
Samson Meressa - Pastels and Charcoal on Paper
Zelalem Gizaw - Acrylic on Canvas and Paper

The show will run from February 4th – February 19th Protected content Hours: Tue - Sun 10:00am - 6:00pm

Ethiopiawi Art studio was established in September Protected content five young graduates from the Addis Ababa University School of Fine Arts and Design. Energetic and creative, these young artists work in diverse styles, mediums and techniques.

Addis Gezahagn: “Art for me is the ultimate expression of my spirit, it governs my feelings and thoughts. In my work, I often choose to work in monochromatic charcoal drawings, using flat forms or oval and egg shapes, which I change to my own forms. I am also inspired by old houses of Addis, many of them located in Piazza and built more than 50 years ago.

Sammy Meressa: "For this exhibition, I chose to focus on the idea and concept of “roots” "If the ROOT is STRONG, the FRUIT is SWEET!" -African Proverb "Nature is the thought of God" -Plato."

Zelalem Gizaw: “I am inspired by all the motions and activities you see in daily life. In my pieces, I try to portray my immediate emotional reactions to what I see every day. These works are an attempt to capture fleeting moments, the emotions

Direction: From ring road direction Jimma, take the first right after the Armed Forces Hospital (old Airport) on China Embassy/ Ghana Embassy/ Swedish Clinic road – go down, pass Ghana Embassy approx. Protected content make a right and follow the LeLa sign….the road to the gallery has been fixed

contacts: LeLa Contemporary Art Gallery Protected content <mailto: Protected content
P O Box Protected content Ababa, Ethiopia. Tel: Protected content Protected content

Addis Ababa Forum

Our Global Partners