Urgently needed in Oman a General Manager for a vocational institute in Muscat which provides vocational programs. The company has ambitious growth plans and will provide English language courses for companies as well as for students wishing to progress to universities in the United States and the United Kingdom. It will also develop the provision of its current vocational training programs and introduce university pathway programs.
They need a GM who would relish the opportunity to grow this business to become one of the largest providers in the State of Oman. The position will suit an expatriate either already based in the region or who is willing to relocate to Muscat. The responsibilities will encompass all aspects of running an educational business and will include academic, sales and marketing and administration duties.
As the institute grows, it is recognised that a Director of Studies will need to be recruited in order to support the General Manager.
The responsibilities will include:
· Protected content and development of academic provision in the local context which will involve the introduction of Malvern House EFL courses, university pathway programs and expansion of vocational programs into areas such as tourism and hospitality.
· Protected content develop brand positioning in the local context and then to carry that forward to sales in the corporate sector, government departments and direct sales. This will involve dealing at a senior level in companies as well as in government departments. It is anticipated that the development of direct sales will involve local advertising and public relations.
· Protected content manage the administration of the institute which will include budget preparation, management of capacity and maximising teaching resources, budgetary control and reporting on key issues to the Board.
· Protected content services and facilities management
· Protected content and employment procedures in line with the local regulations to ensure adequate and effective staffing levels and in turn line manage a team of teachers and administration staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Protected content experience of running a training centre in English language and/or pathway sectors, ideally in the Middle East.
· Protected content and marketing experience in corporate or direct sales with some exposure to government departments.
· Protected content of academic management which will have included timetabling, recruitment of teachers as well as course planning and teacher development.
The ideal candidate will be a native English speaker with a DELTA or EFL postgraduate qualification with a degree from a recognized university. They must have experience in sales and marketing and in general management. The successful candidate will have an outgoing personality with highly developed people management skills. The post may require some travel within the region.
The General Manager needs to be in place by late autumn Protected content a minimum 3 year contract. The candidate will be provided with an air ticket to Oman and additionally will include a return airline ticket to the home country each year. This post has tax-free status and consequently the competitive salary will not be taxed. If relocation is required, the company will provide assistance.
interested candidates to send their cv as word document to :