Hey guys! The company I work at is looking to hire a full-time editor in Amman. If you're interested, please send your CV to Protected content . Here's the job description:
Amman-Based Editorial Assistant (Entry-Level Position)
• Using the Blue Kangaroo online administration site: Find, create, and publish unique offers for assigned brands from multiple sources, adding information and revising for accuracy and consistency; “revisit” offers as needed to assure relevancy. Provide backup to other editors in this regard as needed.
• Develop expertise in assigned brands and categories (target customer, sale types and frequency, etc.).
• Contribute to development of web and mobile apps by providing critiques and recommendations, monitoring competitive services, and assisting with quality assurance.
• Contribute to improvement in editorial operations and quality of content with critiques and recommendations.
• Analyze user activity and other data toward revising work priorities.
• Write display type, keyword-based descriptions, and other copy as needed.
• Create online training resources, e.g., PowerPoint, video, as needed.
• Assist Development teams in Amman as requested.
• Participate in and/or lead editorial team and content-related special projects as needed.
- Native speaking, comprehension, reading, and writing fluency in American English
- BA or BS degree, preferably in English, Writing, Journalism, or related major
- Experience writing, copywriting, editing, or demonstrable skill in one or more of these areas
- Comfortable working with standard internet tools and operations, e.g., search, email, data-entry, VOIP, etc. Broad familiarity as a user with smartphones and mobile apps
- Strong oral communications skills
- Independent self-starter
- Protected content experience in an editorial role in web media (preferred)