Join now

Finally, Dancing for ALL IN members! (Amman)

Dear all,

I have finally managed to arrange a meeting with the Director of Arthur Murray Dance School in Amman. They have school in over Protected content around the world which makes them one of the top global dancing schools in the world. A few of you already attend there, so if we manage to increase the numbers to 10 we will be able to benefit from great discounts.

A FREE introductory private class for anyone interested no strings attached.
10 Students will allow us to have 10% discounts for each student.

please note, however, that if we manage to put every male and female together in one private session, this will mean that the each have to pay half the price ONLY. So instead of paying the 260JDs/month, you can pay Protected content which gives you one 4 private sessions, 4 group classes and 2 practice sessions.

Please let me know if you decide to participate in something like this and I will coordinate with the school on total number and discounts. Also, I will put the number of the school in the bottom if you rather do this directly with the school. We have already three members who are with them so if we can get 7 more we will get you the discount. So, again, please keep me in the loop so that I know the numbers and how to haggle with them. The more people we get the more discounts.

Another added benefit, in my opinion, is that it will revive our dancing events where usually we have very few people who know how to do couple dances. Instead, more people will be able to part-take and it will be heaps of fun for all involved. It will also give additional chances to practice.

The most important benefit, in my view, is that it will help build stronger relations among those of you who participate. As IN is more than seeing each other once a month, I believe it will help us all come closer to each other and build a stronger friendship during much needed activities in the lacking city of Amman.

Here are the benefits you will receive with them:
BENEFITS OF DANCING AT
ARTHUR MURRAY DANCE STUDIOS

Dancing is a main element of social activity. Good dancing is a life time investment of fun, poise, confidence, improved personality and new friends. Beyond these; dancing is a superb physical conditioner.

- Increased self-confidence.

- Weight Loss.

- Dance contributes to a good posture and body alignment.

- Dance encourages gentle stretching.

- Dance increases your flexibility and stamina.

- Dance benefits your cardiovascular system as your swing and sway for hips and shoulder

- Meeting people, making new friends.

- Social ease.

- Exercise.

- Make a special person happy.

- Business reasons.

- Acquiring more grace and poise.

- Overcoming shyness.

- Stress relief.

- Stand out on the dance floor.

- Recreation and entertainment.

- Relaxation.

- Never again saying no to a dance invitation.

- Dancing is a romantic alternative.

- Good Dancing is a life time investment in posture, poise, confidence and fun.

- Better health and physical benefits.

Dancing at Arthur Murray will change your life…............Dance

Tel : Protected content
Protected content

Dances:
Partner dancing is the focus of our social lives.
Foxtrot
The Foxtrot was the most significant development in all of ballroom dancing. The combination of quick and slow steps permits more flexibility and gives much greater dancing pleasure than the one-step and two-step which it has replaced.

Waltz
A dance born in the suburbs of Vienna and in the Alpine region of Austria. As early as the seventeenth century, Waltzes were played in the ballrooms of the Hapsburg court. The Weller, or turning dances, were danced by peasants in Austria and Bavaria even before that time. Many of the familiar waltz tunes can be traced back to simple peasant yodeling melodies. Samba The Samba originated in Brazil. It was and is danced as a festival dance during the street festivals and celebrations. It was first introduced in the U.S. in a Broadway play called “Street Carnival” in the late twenties. The festive style and mood of the dance has kept it alive and popular to this day. Samba is a fun dance that fits most of today’s popular music.

Tango Modern
The Tango began in the West Indies and found its way to Argentina where it was stylized by the Gauchos. It became the rage in Protected content the silent screen star Rudolph Valentino brought this romantic dance to millions in “The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse”. More recently, it has been danced in movies such as True Lies and Scent of a Woman. Today, The Tango is considered the “dancer’s dance” and becomes a favorite of all who learn it. Viennese Waltz From Strauss Waltz and Tchaikovsky ballets to music by contemporary artists, Viennese Waltz music has inspired people to dance for generations. The Waltz developed in central Europe from the Austrian dance known as the Landler.

Mambo
The wild exciting music and rythmical body movements make the earthy Mambo irresistible. In the Protected content Americans became fascinated by latin American rhythms. The original Mambo music, El Guardia Con El Toleto, had its beginning in Protected content a Rumba with riff improvisation. The Mambo combined American Jazz with the Afro-Cuban beat. Swing Perhaps the most uniquely American of all dances, the Swing brings forth a buoyant carefree movement. It’s one of the dances that becomes contagious. The Lindy (Swing) picked up where the Charleston left off. It had “swing-outs”, “breakaways” and “shine-steps”. With the birth of “Swing” music in the mid Protected content the Lindy climbed the social ladder. The dance craze swept the nation, and depending on where you lived, it was the Jitterbug, the Lindy hop or the Swing.

Rumba
Rumba is the spirit and soul of Latin American music and dance. The fascinating rhythms and bodily expressions make the Rumba one of the most popular ballroom dances. Merengue The Merengue is the national dance of the Dominican Republic, and also to some extent, of Haiti, the neighbor sharing the island. Ideally suited to the small, crowded dance floors, it is a dance that is easy to learn and essentially a “fun” dance. Salsa Salsa is similar to Mambo in that both have a pattern of six steps danced over eight counts of music. The dances share many of the same moves. In Salsa, turns have become an important feature, so the overall look and feel are quite different form those of Mambo. Mambo moves generally forward and backward, whereas, Salsa has more of a side to side feel.

Cha Cha
Originally known as the Cha-Cha-Cha. Became popular around Protected content . Cha Cha is an offshoot of the Mambo. In the slow Mambo tempo, there was a distinct sound in the music that people began dancing to, calling the step the “Triple” Mambo. Eventually it evolved into a separate dance, known today as the Cha Cha.

Bolero
The romantic Bolero is the slowest of the Latin dances. It combines controlled movement with dramatic expression of the music. The Bolero has the same Afro-Cuban roots as the Rumba and is thought to have originated from Cuban or Spanish folk dances such as Danzon and Beguine.

Hustle
The Hustle gives us the fusion of Swing and Disco Discotheques (Disco). With high quality sound systems and flashing lights, it became a popular form of entertainment in Europe and America in the late Protected content and throughout the 70’s. In the early Protected content a new dance craze became popular on the crowded dances floors of New York.

Tango Argentino
Originated in Argentina in the 19th century. It was danced in the backstreets of Buenos Aires, then it was prohibited by the church as it was proved to be a very romantic dance. It is one of the most beautiful and delicate dances.

We teach other dances such as Rock ‘N’ Roll, Lindy Hop, West Coast Swing, Bachata, Quick Step & More.

Practice lessons & Social parties

At Arthur Murray, you can put yourself in the middle of a whole new and exciting dance world at weekly practice lessons and party time school dances. Have fun meeting new people while taking the opportunity to practice your new found dancing skills. Couples and singles with or without partners are warmly welcome.

Please let me know if you would like to have single or couple sessions and whether you would like to find your own partner or want me to connect you with someone.

Contact the school directly and take their Free Private Class and let me know if you want to sign up with us for the program.

Please keep me in the loop so that I can make sure I coordinate this properly.
Jack

Jack Khaled Ekermawi, MA, RPSI, MCIL, GDL (law)
Chief Executive Officer | Petra Translations International
InterNations Ambassador in Amman
Amman: Protected content
London: Protected content
New York: Protected content
Protected content
Protected content

P Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail!

Amman Forum

Our Global Partners