Under the direct supervision and in cooperation with the Head of Mission, the candidates’ duties will be to provide necessary support for performing the financial functions of MPDL Jordan country office.
1. Finance and Administration
- Assist Financial and Administrative Manager with the control and monitoring of the finance and budget activities of the mission.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget of the mission and revisions including estimating the cost of staff as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget.
- Ensure timely payments of monthly bills to suppliers and service providers according to purchase request follow up as well as the running cost of the office.
- Prepare the monthly / annual financial reports for the mission and in the analysis /monitoring of financial results, as well as monthly expenditure prevision reports.
- Maintaining liaison with officials of local banks and tax authorities on procedures and regulations relevant to operation of the office.
- Assist during audits to answer auditor’s questions and in the preparation of documentation.
- Suggest improvements to internal controls and streamlining/efficiencies.
- Order and maintain files of all financial administrative documentation/ instructions/ guidelines issued by donors and/or by MPDL as reference for completion of work assignments.
- Bring to the attention of the supervisor any relevant financial and budgetary issues.
- Ensure that all supporting financial documentation comply with MPDL’s internal financial procedures and donors requirements.
- Assist with preparing administrative documents of the bank (statements, letters, certificates, etc.).
- Assist with the coordination of the administrative and financial matters with the counterparts in coordination with the Head of Mission and/or Project Manager.
- Order and maintain adequate inventory of office supplies for office following procurement policy and procedures.
- Maintain office equipment. Assist with ordering of office equipment and furniture.
- Ensure stationary supplies and other relevant needs to the office when necessary.
- Support purchasing procedures as needed.
- Oversee the collection and receipt of mail and messenger/courier items, advising staff when items have arrived and advising staff on the cheapest/quickest services for sending items.
- Arrange transportation for project related issues.
- Arrange meetings with local and international partners.
- Provide advice and assist staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licenses, and other necessary administrative documents in accordance with the requirements of the MPDL Office and the country of the duty station.
- Assist with travel arrangements, hotel reservations and prepare travel authorization forms.
- Inform the Head of Mission of any relevant information for the security of both MPDL staff and mission and MPDL´s activities in the country and observe MPDL Security procedures.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in an administrative or financial position;
- High level of computer literacy and word-processing skills essential, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and other accounting software.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Arabic, both spoken and written. Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize a complex workload, handling multiple tasks and competing demands
- A commitment to the aims and values of MPDL
- General grasp of Jordanian laws on labor, procurement, and severance issues
- Ability to identify and solve problems on an immediate basis
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Ability to work in a multi cultural environment.
- Reliable, dependable and a team player.
Desirable: Interest or experience with national or international NGOs.
CONDITIONS: The position is full-time and available ASAP. A contract will be offered for a one year period, 3 months of probation period. There may be a possibility of renewal at the end of the contract.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing date: Sunday 14th October, Protected content . Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and their up-to-date CV to Protected content with the subject heading: Finance and Administrative Manager – Amman.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.