Join now

Increasing the number of meetings / varying them (Amman)

Hello all,

First of all, it was nice to meet many of you on Friday at the Grappa lounge! I look forward to our next meeting, and in the meanwhile, I have questions for you...

At the party at Grappa the other night, some of us were thinking it could be nice to have more numerous and/or more varied events. The suggestions ranged from organizing another meeting in between the two monthly meetings, in a nice bar or restaurant in Amman, to give us all a further chance to meet and chat (this is the simplest option), to renting a minibus for a day and going all together to a nice place - for example, to the Dead Sea or some other place like that.

Before coming to Amman, in a previous life (which actually means in Protected content ... I just arrived here on 2 January Protected content , I was a member of an organization which was having:
- 3 restaurants per month
- One additional meeting in a bar, followed by a restaurant for those who were interested
- Regular museum visits (and of late, we set in place a system of reduced-price membership card)
- Sports and games and cinema activities
- Once in a while, a big gathering outside Paris (this was in France), in the mountain or elsewhere.

So, I guess what I am looking for here is your suggestions as to what would interest you most... More restaurants and bars? Museum, cinema, or sporty outings? Varying the places, and going to a nice area outside Amman? All of these? ... and with which frequency?

I guess most of these activities are easy to organize, and the rest of them can be organized provided there is the will :-) I do not volunteer for organizing all of them, but some of them, yes, provided we manage to better understand what most of us would be most interested in!

Best regards,

Gabrielle

Amman Forum

Our Global Partners