The company I work at is looking for an editor/copywriter for our Amman office. Here's the job summary if anyone is interested:
"Blue Kangaroo is a deal discovery and social shopping website. We're a young, growing, US-based startup in the dynamic internet arena.
We take pride in our environment where hard work is met with accomplishment, and creativity is fostered and encouraged. Our employees are empowered and developed through exposure to the best work practices and tools in the industry. We emphasize the importance of knowledge and acknowledge the direct effect it has on the performance of our corporation as a whole.
We’re currently seeking a driven Web Content Editor/Copywriter to join our office in Amman, Jordan. The perfect candidate is a flexible results-oriented team player, with excellent communication skills, and the ability to deal with overseas team members effortlessly.
As a member of our editorial team, you will be making sure that our web content is of high quality and is attractive to our users. You will be writing new material and revising it as needed over time.
Editing includes but is not limited to:
- Assessing, writing, revising category and brand descriptions.
- Helping develop new kinds of content, e.g., social and mobile.
- Contribute to development and improvement of Protected content by becoming intimately familiar with the site as a user and monitoring competitive sites and other sources for new feature and service ideas.
- Demonstrable command of standard American English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation. Native speakers preferred but not required.
- Experience writing, copywriting, editing - preferably for web media - is a plus.
- Comfortable working with standard internet tools and operations, e.g., search, email, data-entry, VOIP, MS Office, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Independent self-starter and team player with excellent time-management skills.
-Ability to handle long working hours and late meetings.
- Protected content experience in an editorial role in web media (preferred).
- BA or BS degree - English, Writing, Journalism, or related major preferred, but not required.
If you're interested in this vacancy, kindly send your resume to Protected content indicating the job title (Web Content Editor/Copywriter) in the subject field."
Have a great one. ^_^