Join now

Advice Sort on Relocation (Amsterdam)

Hi all. I hope to receive an offer this week and start the relocation process to Amsterdam. We are a gay couple, one of us works and one of us studies/ The company has a limited relocation package which Is £3k upfront for moving costs, initial flights and one month in a hotel. I have never had to relocate before. It's a junior management position and not director level. Any one who has gone through the process? We have no kids yet but do have a dog? Do we get movers to move our furniture once we find a place? or is it better to buy new - nothing we have is irreplaceable or particularly expensive? Would the 3k cover initial deposits, etc, or would I need more? Best way to take the dog over? Should we sell our car here or should we take it across? How does one arrange tax, etc, is it an expensive process? From visits to Amsterdam I am nervous to drive in the city centre - it's so busy. The what is the 30% tax rule? Please get back to me with any advice you can, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks

Amsterdam Forum

Our Global Partners