Join now

Amsterdam writer wanted by major travel website

Views

Hallo Amsterdam!

I am a Regional Editor for a travel website, NileGuide, Protected content . This is run by a dynamic young San Francisco team and is, not surprisingly, US biased (55% of all traffic). It has over 1 million page views per month and is steadily growing. I need a Local Expert (LE) for Amsterdam to tell us all about the city on a regular basis. There has been someone in this position for the last 4 years, so everything is already set up. Unfortunately - for me, not for her - my local expert has just moved to a new job in Japan, so, she is no longer so local!

The basic criteria are that:

English must be the LE’s first language

You must have some basic travel writing experience and you should be familiar, preferably actively engaged, with social media: blogging/Twitter/Facebook etc

Unlike some of our more illustrious competitors NileGuide do actually pay their contributors, and the previous incumbent was earning between $300 and $400 per month depending on the number of page views. This figure cannot be guaranteed and a minimum amount of work is required each month, in order to be paid. However we would not expect it to dip below $300. On the contrary we would hope that a new Local Expert will add to the number of page views.

The other benefit for the successful applicant will be the exposure/kudos of writing regularly for a major travel website and being trained how to write and “publish” their content.

Please e-mail me at Protected content if you think you might be our Amsterdam Local Expert and I'll supply more details.

Many thanks.

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Amsterdam Forum