Join now

Amsterdam writer wanted by major travel website

Views

Hallo Amsterdam!

I am a Regional Editor for a travel website, NileGuide, Protected content . This is run by a dynamic young San Francisco team and is, not surprisingly, US biased (55% of all traffic). It has over 1 million page views per month and is steadily growing. I need a Local Expert (LE) for Amsterdam to tell us all about the city on a regular basis. There has been someone in this position for the last 4 years, so everything is already set up. Unfortunately - for me, not for her - my local expert has just moved to a new job in Japan, so, she is no longer so local!

The basic criteria are that:

English must be the LE’s first language

You must have some basic travel writing experience and you should be familiar, preferably actively engaged, with social media: blogging/Twitter/Facebook etc

Unlike some of our more illustrious competitors NileGuide do actually pay their contributors, and the previous incumbent was earning between $300 and $400 per month depending on the number of page views. This figure cannot be guaranteed and a minimum amount of work is required each month, in order to be paid. However we would not expect it to dip below $300. On the contrary we would hope that a new Local Expert will add to the number of page views.

The other benefit for the successful applicant will be the exposure/kudos of writing regularly for a major travel website and being trained how to write and “publish” their content.

Please e-mail me at Protected content if you think you might be our Amsterdam Local Expert and I'll supply more details.

Many thanks.

Amsterdam Forum