Join now

Change of purpose residence permit - Job related (Amsterdam)

Hello all! I need some advise with this.

I am recently graduated of a Master of Sciences in a Dutch university and got my new residence permit under the zoekjaar scheme, no work permit required. This will be valid until August Protected content .

I already receive a job offer for six months and the company is requesting to apply for a change in the purpose of my residence permit to become a highly skilled migrant, doing so I should shorten my residence permit to 6 months.

My question is : am I in OBLIGATION to change the purpose of residence to highly skilled migrant if I sign the contract? or could I work for them keeping my current residence permit?

I asked to IND and they say I CAN but I am not in the obligation to change it and I can do it for example with a job after this one of six months, whether it complies the highly skilled migrant requirements, not need to have my permit linked to the company of the 6 months contract.

I will really appreciate your advise to clarify what to do, as the company insist in change my permit.

Amsterdam Forum

Our Global Partners