Position: Analytical Specialist
Sulphur Experts is a world recognized process engineering company providing specialized testing, analytical and engineering support services to the sulphur recovery industry. We conduct on-site testing, evaluation and optimization services for sulphur recovery and amine treating systems in gas processing and refining facilities around the world.
We have an immediate opening for an Analytical Specialist in our Netherlands office to support our on-site testing services. Position duties include:
• Sample collection including gas and liquid samples from process streams
• Perform Gas Chromatography (GC) equipment calibrations and maintain GC equipment
• Perform GC, Ion Chromatography (IC) and Fourier Transformed Interferometer (FTIR) analysis in the field
• Participate in internal R&D and method development
• Prepare analytical reports
• This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits - remuneration will be based on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Candidates should have a degree in Chemistry or equivalent and have a good working knowledge of gas chromatography, ion chromatography and FTIR methods. International travel is required and candidates must possess a valid driver’s licence and be eligible to obtain a passport. Candidates must be comfortable working in an industrial setting and will be required to obtain a variety of safety certifications (paid for by Sulphur Experts) including First Aid, H2S Alive, Confined Space Entry etc.
Candidates should possess good interpersonal and communication skills. Previous experience working in the oil and gas industry or in an industrial setting is an asset. Please note that significant travel is required for this position.
Please contact Ben Walton ( Protected content ) if you are interested.