Join now

Looking for native speakers of Mandarin (Amsterdam)

Dear All,

I am posting to ask whether you would like to help the Music Cognition Group, from the University of Amsterdam, by participating in a short listening experiment in Mandarin on the function of tone in music and language.

We are currently finalizing the design of a new and exciting study for which we really need your help. For this experiment we are looking for non-musician native speakers of Mandarin. The experiment itself comprises of a simple listening task that will take approximately 60 minutes to complete in our lab in the centre of Amsterdam. For your help we can offer a modest fee of 10 Euro an hour, next to our gratitude, of course.

You might know the Music Cognition Group from previous experiments we did in China [1]. I will be more than happy to tell you more about the current study after the experiment, not to have it influence the results.

If you’re interested, simply send me a short 'I'm interested' here or via email (j.l. Protected content and I will contact you as soon as possible! Additionally, if you happen to know of other people who might be interested in participating, please send this message along.

(Joey Weidema)

[1] Protected content