Join now

Moving to Amsterdam. Questions :)

Hello everyone.

Glad I found this resourceful website. I am planning a move to NL, Amsterdam area and wanted to see if you can answers some of my questions!

My situation:

I am 28 years old currently living in the USA Protected content now. I was born in Slovakia and still retain that citizenship along with my US one. My educational background consists of a BS in Business Administration and an MS in Emergency Management. Professionally, I have mostly worked in the IT industry as a system administrator and project manager (marketing). The time has come for me to explore my life further and return to Europe which I always wanted to do.

As far as finding a job. I would like some of you to scan over my job search plan and see if I missed anything.

- translate my CV with Europass
- Evaluate my University degrees using Protected content
- apply at employment agencies
- apply using monsterboard.nl and others

I do not speak Dutch however I do speak Slovak and Polish fluently. (and of course I am starting on Dutch right now) As far as the life style goes, I am very familiar with the European lifestyle as all of my family resides there and I frequently visit.

Just wanted for you guys to share your experiences so maybe I can gain some insight. I would love to connect with some of you on here and hopefully get to know some people.

Looking forward to talking to some of you!

Dank je wel!

Tom

Amsterdam Forum

Our Global Partners