Join now

Needed: publishing freelancers to join agency (Amsterdam)

I am an experienced English researcher and copy editor Protected content in the process of setting up a small words/publishing agency.

My idea is to get other freelance expats involved who can bring different skills to the agency. So far, I have English copy editing and proofreading, and Dutch-English / English-Dutch, German-English / English-German translation skills onboard. If we can offer a full publishing suite, it may appeal to more prospective clients. So, anyone doing design and layout work?

Academic copy editors (if you have knowledge of peer-review publications and processes; of all of the major style manuals including APA, MLA, Turabian and Chicago, etc.) also seem to be quite scarce and I believe this is a niche market to tap into. But, this is not my field of expertise!

There certainly is a market for English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) editing and writing, and from my side, that is for me one of two focus areas: the other being water and sanitation-related documentation and reports.

All work is done electronically and client/client referrals are done through the website. So, no central office and each freelancer will need his/her own infrastructure.

If you are interested in joining, we will need to meet and discuss an arrangement / collaboration that will suit both of us. At the moment, for instance, when I forward work to the proofreader, we get paid through the electronic website system: she does the work, gets 90% of the fee and the agency keeps 10%. Of course the reverse also applies: when work is passed onto me as copy editor, I do the work, get 90% of the fee and pay 10% for the referral. It seems to work very well. I suspect that I will have to employ an administrator when there are more of us and more work comes in. But, I will cross that bridge when the time comes.

If you are a freelancer, and interested, you can send me your CV and samples of your work to Protected content . If you send large files, please do so through Protected content .

Let's make some money!

Kind regards

Minnie Hildebrand

Amsterdam Forum