Join now

Play tennis in Amsterdam at ALTC DDV

Hi tennis enthusiasts,

Do you like tennis and look to play and to find tennis partners to practice on a regular basis?

By reading the few tennis posts on this forum, I remember how uneasy it was as an expat freshly arrived in the city to re-organise my regular tennis practice. Eventually I could book a tennis court, find someone who could more or less play with me and agree to play once or twice, but it was tricky to organise and sustain my tennis practice. After a little while, two ex colleagues advised me independently to join their tennis club as they enjoyed the social character of the club. Beyond the tennis, they were especially enthusiast about the clubs events and about its social character. I could not join the first year as there was a member stop, but I could the next and I have not left the club since Protected content .

The club has all you need for a perfect tennis experience: 15 tennis clay courts in Amsterdam south just a stroll away from the olympic stadium and most importantly a rich social experience with numerous events organised every month to facilitate playing and meeting up with new partners. In no time, I could make new tennis friends, play with them and resume my regular practice. My phone filled up, I joined rapidly a group of partners from the same level to train with and eventually made it to the join a team and resume competition too. Back in the game!

This club is ALTC DDV. It is one of the oldest clubs in Amsterdam with a rich tradition, experience and active club life. The club relocated to a new tennis park in Protected content to the Frans Otten Stadion and benefits from a recent infrastructure. I had played before at other tennis parks around the city but I must say that this club added one extra dimension, and it was its club aspect. You are a member of a club, it is not only about playing one hour tennis, but it is about getting to know people who share the same passion and about getting together to play and more if you like. Definitely a great experience compared to other tennis clubs I had been to, where you book your one hour tennis court and that's it, thank you very much.

Anyways, should you look for such tennis club, feel free to join ALTC DDV. There used to be a member stop, but now the club accepts new members again and tennis season will resume soon on april 1st at the latest.

Here are a few links (in Dutch unfortunately), but should you be interested don't hesitate to ask anything:

mail - Protected content

Tennispark ALTC DDV
Isjbaanpad 43
Protected content Amsterdam

Website - Protected content
Facebook page - Protected content
Become a member here - Protected content .

Should you not want to join a club, and are a member somewhere already and still play a great open tournament, reserve the last week of June in your agenda and play the DDV open!!

Facebook page DDV open - Protected content

Cheers,
Jerome

Amsterdam Forum

Our Global Partners