Join now

Work Visa/ Long Term Tourist Visa- Help (Amsterdam)

Hi..
I would like to spend some time in Netherlands (so that I can be close to my girl friend). I am planning to be there toward the middle of November Protected content . And while I'm there, it would be nice to keep myself engaged in some professional activity.

In the best case, I would like to find a job for myself (salary is not a big factor) for a year. In the worst case, I would like to get a visa to spend at least 4 months in Netherlands.

I am a techie and 2-time entrepreneur. I can code. And I also bring with me global start-up experience and a strong Silicon Valley network which start-ups in Netherlands can definitely benefit from.

I am from India. As a result, I am pretty sure that getting a long term tourist visa for Netherlands would be a tough job. And I already have a feel that finding a job (while I am still outside the country) which would sponsor my visa would be even tougher. I'd greatly appreciate some feedback and advice on this matter.

I've already taken a decision to put my professional career on hold for a year and have initiated the process of handing over my work responsibilities and winding down my activities here. It would suck if my plans for moving to Netherlands got disrupted in the end owing to visa issues.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Soubhik

Amsterdam Forum

Our Global Partners