Join now

Searching for room / shared flat (Antwerp)

REQUEST

Hoi!

A few years ago, I came for a concert to Antwerp, and fell in love with this town. After 15 years in the South of France, I am looking for a change in culture and temperature, and am preparing to move to Flanders, for finding a new job, learning the language, and making a life with a preference for Antwerp.

I am looking for a room in a shared flat, if possible with locals so that I learn Dutch more quickly, and get some tips about getting around.

So, this is me: woman, 45, originally from Austria, lived as Au-Pair in the US, Ireland and France, worked in Switzerland and – as said – the past 15 years in Toulouse, France.

Since Protected content have been sharing apartments. I am open-minded and tolerant, kind of “live and let live”, and usually fit better with people younger than me (or young in mind).

Very curious and interested in many topics, I am rather organic/local than trade marks, rather life music than CDs, rather small movies than blockbusters, rather quietly reading than party all the time, rather a trip to the local food market than shopping centres, … with exceptions from time to time.

I don’t smoke, share a glass from time to time and why not a recipe to cook.

As I will be looking for a job in export, logistics and customer service, I should be on a regular work time schedule.

I’d need a comfy room with a bed an office desk, WIFI, place for my belongings and if ever possible, a place to park my motorbike (otherwise it will stay in France for the time being).

Start: beginning of August
Duration: 1 month minimum, up to 4 months, or even longer if all works out fine and I find a job in Antwerp!
Rent or sublet all included: max. 450€ would be nice
Location: somewhere I can use the public transport or bicycle and get around easy enough

If this is of interest for you, please pm me. Then we can maybe Skype for more exchange.

Bedankt!

Antwerp Forum