Join now

Adventure Travel Company seeks assistant (Athens)

We are based in Athens, Greece have a number of brands in adventures travel and ecotourism, such as and and Our products include tours for the foreign market in cycling, hiking, sailing, culinary/wine, history/culture, leisure.

We are looking for a personal assistant to the managing director. This is a trainee position at trainee wages. The period of training depends how long it takes you to become familiar with and in command of our products and office procedures. The position is for an eager person who wants to plunge into the field of adventure travel with their whole heart and wants to learn the business from bottom to top.

These are the types of tasks the position entails:
Answering email inquiries from persons interested in taking our tours
Designing and writing content for brochures and promotional materials
Keeping social media active – FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, Trip Advisor, You Tube, etc.
Preparing marketing materials to sources such as hotels, destination managers, travel agents
Putting tour packets and materials together for incoming clients
Organizing the tour logistics, such as, booking hotels and third party services for tours
Translating Greek materials for internal or client usage
Scouting new tours or updating current tours with me – for bike and hike tours this means using a GPS. This also means finding the hidden gems in each region as well as the best tavernas.
Accompanying me on tours in which I am tour leader and/or guide, until such time as you can lead tours
Attending travel and tourism related expos in Athens

Full knowledge of Microsoft Office
Working knowledge of social media
Speak, understand, read and write a modicum of Greek.
Fluent in English
no smoking
athletically inclined
familiarity with photography a plus
famIliarity with HTML a plus

Call Colleen at Protected content send CV to Protected content