Getting a Tax ID number - AFM (Athens)
Managed to get a tax ID number today as a non-resident foreigner. The whole process took about 20 mins.
Bring your passport + copy + AFM number and name of resident in Greece.
1. Fill out form M1 - available at location. Example in English is posted on a bulletin board.
2. Fill out form M7 - also available at location. It's sufficient to fill in the name and tax ID number of the resident.
The office is this one:
D.O.Y KATOIKON EXOTERIKOU (the office for the foreigners)
METSOVOU 4, ATHENS Protected content
tel Protected content
The are open from 8 AM to 2.30 PM.
1. If I want to change to resident I need to get a document from the police and bring it to the same office.
2. I don't need to file a tax return in Greece unless I have Greek income.
3. The tax ID is valid for life.