About the organization:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in Protected content volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Project Officer/Logistics Officer position
Their main duties would be related to specific area of deployment (Lesvos -Chios-Samos, Kos-Leros, Farmakonsi and North border regions):
• Monitoring & evaluation of local NGO implementing partner project implementation in respective islands/land area, serve, as focal point to report on actual
• Follow up, update and collected data for new arrivals, eventual emergency situations, dealings with logistical issues if project will extend towards shelter/accommodation/distribution of items or winter kits
• Organizing local small warehouse for storage of needed items in project activities
• Organizing distribution of non-food items, hygienic kits and other relevant items to refugees and migrants in case of need
• Coordination and close cooperation with municipal authorities and police in respective areas through regular meetings, phone and e-mail communication in all issues related to thematic areas of interest in refugee and migrant crisis emerging situation, assuring political and institutional support to IMC project activities
• Close collaboration with other national and international NGOs present in area in order to utilize available assistance and avoid
• Identification of needs and weekly reporting to team leader based in Athens on all issues related to IMC areas of interest.
• Communication remains on daily basis if needed.
IMC is an equal opportunity organization that strives for diversity and employs qualified personnel without regard to gender, race, physical disability, religion, or ethnicity.