Join now

Relocating to Atlanta from Austria

Hi Guys,
I have been offered a job with my current employer to move to our US office in Atlanta. I have already accepted the offer and the visa process is about to kick off. Even though me and my wife(we have no kid) started looking into pros and cons about moving to Atlanta on the internet, I would like to have more real-life experience especially choosing the right neighbourhood to live. My office is on the Peachtree street close to Atlantic Station and initially, we will be trying to survive without having a car. So, I thought it will be best to rent an apartment/condo near my office but looking at the safety map of Midtown and surroundings I got scared and forced me to rethink about choosing the right neighbourhood. Can anyone please help me to understand the real situation over there and choose the right neighbourhood which will help to easily commute to my work as well as provide a safer environment for us? I know there are a lot of other challenges as well, so any valuable suggestion will be gladly accepted.

Thanks in advance!

Happy Friday!

Cheers,
Bat

Atlanta Forum

Our Global Partners