Auckland Diwali Festival next weekend 11-12 Oct.
Experience Indian culture in all its exciting forms at Auckland Diwali Festival next weekend Protected content . The festival is a non-stop weekend of entertainment and one of the most colourful and vibrant occasions on Auckland’s event calendar. The festival is meat free, alcohol free, smoke free and free to enter! It runs from 12pm-9pm on Queen Street, Aotea Square and Aotea Centre, central Auckland.
At Auckland Diwali Festival you can:
- live onstage and street performances showcasing both traditional and contemporary Indian dance and music
- delicious vegetarian Indian food and sweets and crafts from over 50 stalls
- workshops, seminars and exhibitions for all age groups where you can
- learn more about Indian fashion, culture, folklore, music and art
- the hotly contested Radio Tarana Bollywood Dance competition
- the Barfoot & Thompson Fireworks Finale on Sunday night
Cricket Fan? There’ll also be some fun for those of you who are looking forward to the ICC Cricket World Cup Protected content out the Diwali website for more details at Protected content ...
Auckland Diwali Festival is a wonderful event for the whole family, or get a group of friends together and make a day of it!
For more on this event go to the Auckland Council Website: Protected content ...