Join now

looking for an au-pair job in Auckland, 3 months

Views

hi,
I'm a 28 year old English and biology teacher from Austria, moving to NZ end of August. I'll try to find a job within the 3 months I'm allowed to stay. For the time of job-hunting, I thought working as an au-pair and living with a family would be a good start.

I've been an au-pair in London before and it worked out really well. You'll find the profile I've put on au-pair websites below. Apart from playing with the kids, I could also teach them some German and would be willing to do light housework, drive them around and cook Austrian dishes at times. In return, I am not asking for any pocket money but I need a bed to sleep and, of course, some food would be welcome too :)

So if anybody knows a family or single-mother/father who is looking for help, please let me know!
cheers Magda

Dear family,

I am a reliable, motivated and at the same time fun loving person. Also, I am an outgoing person who loves to get to know people from different countries. I like cooking and could show you how to prepare some nice Austrian dishes like Wiener Schnitzel (Viennese cutlet) or Apfelstrudel (apple strudle).

Doing sports is really important for me. I've been playing indoor and beach volleyball for 17 years, love snowboarding and running. I've completed one marathon and 2 half-marathons, which were great experiences. Passing on the love for sports and nature is of high priority to me.

After a trip to NZ around Easter, I decided that I just had to come back to that beautiful country. As it is very difficult for Austrians to get a proper visa, I cannot stay for longer than 3 months, unless I find an other job (that qualifies me for a work visa) in that time slot. But I am convinced that even in such a short period, we could have a lot of fun together.

Spending afternoons with your children, playing outdoors, doing sports and having a good time together is one of my intentions. The other is to teach your children some German and tell them stories about my home country. Also, it would be great if there was some time for travelling, depending on how much you need or want me around.

I'd be really glad to hear from you!
cu Magda

Auckland Forum

Our Global Partners