Join now

Moving to New Zealand (Auckland)

Hi all,
I am planning to move to New Zealand from South Africa, I am currently self employed in the construction Industry, I build new homes
(Plot and Plan) I project manage the marketing and selling of these homes and get involved in sales myself too, I also project manage the process from finance approval, transfer of the property into the buyers name and then the construction process until key hand over.

I am planning to fly over to New Zealand at the end of April to look for work, I am willing to look at positions in supervision and upward, since I expect to have to take a few steps back until I have proved myself and have some local experience.

I would appreciate any feedback or advice for achieving success, I am also interested in some feedback with regards to using/not using an immigration agent, I am a DIY sort of guy for many reasons and would appreciate feedback from anyone that has undertaken the process of applying for a temp work visa and then residency off course.

As far as I can see it is a fairly simple process, I am open to anyone's input agreeing or disagreeing with me.

Thank you for your time,
Have an awesome day.