Seeking your advise - Moving frm Singapore to Auck (Auckland)
I trust you guys are doing well.
My wife and I are IT professionals and are moving to Auckland next month. We are seeking for some basic information listed below:
1. We will be working for an IT consulting company but at client locations which is not known to us as of now. Initially, we will be reporting at the company office at '34 Shortland Street, Auckland New Zealand Protected content but have to eventually work out of the then decided client location. Can anyone please suggest an area to find for a rental accommodation which is travel friendly to the above address? We do not mind travelling for up to 60 minutes. Safety is on top of our requirement list.
2. What are the top websites to search for rental accommodations? Does people share apartments or sublet in Auckland? This would be a good option since we need a temporary one initially.
3. Can you please give an idea of the average rent area wise?
4. How much funds should we have when we land Auckland taking rental deposit and one month expense into consideration?
5. What are the top banks where we can open an account. Is it possible to open an account while we are outside NZ? The intention is to transfer money before we move? Please share your views.
6. Also, kindly let us know any relative dos and donts. Thanks..