Join now



To all members who are American citizens: you must register to get your absentee ballot. This is even if you have registered before. Below is some information that I received from the Vice Consul in Auckland about how you can do this:

With the Protected content just 10 months away it is never too late to start taking steps to preserve your vote by submitting a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). There is now an easy mechanism by which you can register to vote or request your absentee ballot. Go to Protected content and click on the “Get Started” link. From there you will be taken through a step by step process that will enable you to either register to vote or request your absentee ballot. Please note, that even if you have previously submitted a FPCA, you should submit a new one this year, as States no longer have the obligation to send out ballots for consecutive general elections on the basis of a single FPCA request.

When filling out the FPCA, please note that you can now request that your absentee ballot be sent electronically. If you have further questions, please contact the U.S. Consulate General at Auckland at Protected content . 2842/2848/ Protected content at Protected content .

Best Regards,


Joseph G. Bergen
Vice Consul
U.S. Consulate General Auckland

Auckland Forum