Join now

Cost of Living for a young family of 4 in Ausgburg (Augsburg)

Dear fellow Expats and Local Germans

I am about to enter the negotiation process with a company near Augsburg. I am doing some research on the cost of living in Augbsurg for my family with 2 children (age 4 and 5 months old). and tips for negotiating German employment contract. Any information regarding to the cost of living, German employment contract negotiation (such as holiday package, pension plan, bonus, 13th month, vacation money, and other secondary benefits) would be useful.

Below I have summarised an estimated cost of living based on information that I have found from forums and other resources on the internet. Please feel free to correct my finding if you think I may have over or under estimated, or if I have missed something.
The estimated prices are based on monthly expenses.

Estimate cost of living for family of 4 in Augsburg:
Rent (4 rooms furnished Protected content
Utilities (electricity, gas, water, garbage Protected content
Internet/TV Protected content
2 x Mobile phones Protected content
Grocery - Protected content
Road tax (1x family car and 1 x small car Protected content
Car insurance (2 x all risk Protected content
Liability insurance Protected content
Fuel - Protected content
Public school (including afterschool Protected content
Day care - Protected content
Sport clubs for children (football and swimming Protected content

Total: Protected content

Based on my estimate, I would need to make at least Protected content after tax per month in order to get by. This would mean I would need to ask for at least 65K Euro per annum as salary. Do you think this is a feasible salary range for a senior engineer with Protected content of experience.

I appreciate all your input and efforts in helping this discussion.

Kind regards,

ADO

Augsburg Forum

Our Global Partners