Join now

Anyone into art? (Baku)

hi, there!

I want to learn some water color basics during the summer months, anyone who has recommendations about decent schools or teachers? (preferably if the teacher speaks a little bit English:)

Or an exchange is also feasible. I’ve been learning Chinese calligraphy for years since childhood. (see some of my works if interested: Protected content ) I have a bunch of foreign students already.

Also, in China, I work for an NGO named Chinese European Art Center ( Protected content ) sponsored by Mondrian Foundation in the Netherlands. It resembles Baku’s Yarat Art Gallery in nature which aims to bridge western and eastern art. It has residency programs open to artists worldwide. The summer residency will kick off very soon in Iceland.

That's why I’m also curious about art in Azerbaijan or in other parts of the world. So anyone who is familiar with contemporary art or has certain knowledge on traditional Azerbaijan art forms like pottery, copperware making, carpet making, pls contact me and probably I can share with you what I know about Chinese art.
My mail: Protected content

thx!

Baku Forum

Our Global Partners