Online map of bus routes in Baku - it exists :)
Ever wondered where bus number 32 would take you? Walked by a bus stop and thought "if only there was an interactive map I could look at to figure out how this thing works"?
Well, there isn't a perfect solution, but I found one, which looks close to being perfect (unless it is out of date and I don't know about it).
Check out this site:
1. You need to change your language to English in the top right corner.
2. Click on "Show on Map" (in the top right of the actual map), untick "default POI's" and tick "Transport"
3. If you would like to find out the route of a particular bus number (eg. 77), go to step 7.
4. If you would like to find out where you can get to from a point of interest, read the next point.
5. Example: you live near Nariman Narimanov Monument and would like to find out where the buses might take you. Zoom in on the map until you can see a blue bus stop - it is to the south of the park.
6. By clicking on it you get: "3, 18, 77, 137" and additional info of other bus stops in the area (and distance in metres to those stops). In the ideal world you would now get lines, representing these routes on the map, but in our case we need to take another step - we need to look at the routes of these buses individually. For this example I am choosing bus 77.
7. Click on "Bus Routes" - written in red on the left site of the website above advertisements.
8. Choose "Baku" from the top drop-down menu.
9. Choose 77 from the "Buses" drop-down menu.
10. You get a pretty diagram of the route.
Hope this helps.
Greetings from Munich - can't wait to join you in August.