Join now

Winter sports in Azerbaijan (Baku)

Hi,

I just wanted to inform those who are interested in winter sports that there is a nice mountain resort in Shahdagh, Qusar, Azerbaijan. The resort has opened 3 weeks ago and it is the only place (as far as I know) where you can enjoy skiing and snowboarding in Azerbaijan. Since it has just opened, every rental item (skis, boards, bindings, jackets, pants etc.) is in good condition, at least for now.

I have been working in the construction of this tourism complex since October Protected content I live very close to the resort. Thus, you can ask me how the weather is in here before coming for the weekend, for example. But still, you do not have to worry too much about the snow, as there are many snow guns working every night (as long as the temperature is low enough to make snow).

Also, we can always meet up on Sundays and have some coffee, beer or wine after snowboarding or skiing.

Please feel free to get in touch with me. And I hope you will not lose the chance to come by before the winter season is over, as we are having a rather warm winter this year unfortunately.

Here is the website: Protected content

Best,
Galip

Baku Forum

Our Global Partners