Join now

New life in Palma de Mallorca this July (Balearic Islands)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Paulo. I found a job in Mallorca and I will be moving there this July Protected content . I'm American/Filipino and I have been living in Barcelona for the last 2 years doing an MBA.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone could shed some light on some things that will help make the move easier...

1) Apartment rental: I am looking for an apartment in Palma... something that is just a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom place and my budget is Protected content for Protected content . Some advice on renting apartments would be most helpful. I dont even know where to look as of now. I hope to visit the city in a few weeks to scout for apartments.

2) Mobile phone service: I am going to stop using the service that I am using now (it is for students)... can someone recommend a local carrier that they are happy with? My Spanish is okay... but I do prefer that they can give a little help to expats that dont speak Spanish fluently.

3) Buying a car: I would like to buy a car because my work will be in Inca. Any advice or tips on where to look or how to go about the process would be most helpful... I dont even have a driver's licence yet.

4) Most importantly, I dont know much people or places in Palma yet... so any tips on events/meetups or local venues would be really great :)

Thanks everyone! And I look forward to joining you guys soon

All the best,
Paulo

Balearic Islands Forum

Our Global Partners