Join now

Relocating to Bali

Views

Hi! I'm seriously considering relocating for a while to Bali in January or February and, if it all works out well, staying indefinitely. I'm at the research stage right now, finding out all that's necessary for such a move. I'm thinking especially about how to obtain Visas, accommodation (for just me, preferably in a one or two-bedroom house with pool not too far from the beach), cost of living, internet availability, etc.

Also, there is the question of a suitable area to live. Ideally, I'd like to be near the ocean but that isn't the top requirement if the community isn't right. I would like to live in an area which has an "arty", progressive, upbeat ambience (rather than a crassly touristic one), if ya know what I mean! I know such areas exist there but I'm not sure where.

About health. Someone told me about "Bali Belly", adding that nasty bacteria have a good time there! Is this true? Does the new arrival get sick there? Is water generally drinkable? How about the hygiene of restaurants, etc.?

I would be really grateful for some input on this from all you lovely people who have already made the move!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alan

Bali Forum

Our Global Partners