Foreign Language Specialists
Deluxe Digital Studios Protected content is a leading global provider of quality subtitling, closed captioning and translation services for major Hollywood and UK motion pictures studios, film festivals, broadcast and cable networks. Digicaptions India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deluxe Digital Studios located in Bangalore, India.
We are currently looking for several qualified professionals with language skills in Indo-European or Asian languages for our DVD localization team in our Bangalore office. Details are provided below:
English to Foreign Language Specialists
• Formatting foreign-language scripts for Hollywood movie into subtitle files in accordance to studio specifications for DVD distribution
• Matching foreign-language subtitle files to English audio and vice versa
• Performing quality control checks on language subtitles
• Liaising with Language Project Coordinators in affiliate offices worldwide
Duties & Responsibilities:
• You will assess the incoming text material from Hollywood studios (dialogue lists, spotting lists, continuity lists, subtitle files)
• You will determine and perform the appropriate format conversion (converting to and from PAL/NTSC and/or Blu-ray)
• Using proprietary software, you will match the non-English subtitle file to the master English file and vice versa
• Applying your diversified language skills, you will ensure the text and audio are synchronized
• You may be called to perform quality control on subtitled files, format movie scripts / TV series and/or transcribe from scripts and/or synchronize subtitles and audio for movies
• You will communicate with affiliate offices on project status
• You will be responsible for the daily update and check of information on the proprietary database
• You will ensure studio specifications and deadlines are respected
Education, Experience and Competencies:
• Preferred language mother tongue: French Canadian, European French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Mandarin Traditional, Korean, Cantonese, Latin American Spanish , Brazilian Portuguese , Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Mandarin Simplified, Romanian and Spanish (Castilian), with strong English proficiency
• BA degree or experience in Translation / Literature / Communications / Film Studies
• Affinity for North American cinema and television
• Computer oriented, must have sound working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Macros, Windows file formats, Unicode texts, etc.
• The ideal candidate has strong organizational skills, works well under the pressure of tight deadlines, and has superior attention to detail
• This position requires technical exposure, the ability to effectively communicate with others, and to work within a team
All candidates must:
• Must take an online language proficiency test
• Be prepared to work in the evenings, 4PM-12AM/Midnight
(free transport will be provided by the company)
• Be based in Bangalore or able to relocate to Bangalore and available to join immediately
Please submit your cover letter and updated English résumé with details of qualifications, experience and last salary drawn to Protected content . We offer an attractive compensation & benefits package that includes relocation package, shift allowance, free meals & transport, as well as free medical and accident insurance.
Very Important: For faster processing, please mention “Foreign Language Specialists” in the subject line of your mail.