Best Practices Foundation, a NGO based in Bangalore is looking to hire Research Associates/Assistants.
Here is the job description:
Position: Research Associate/Assistant
Location: Bangalore (with travel)
Salary: Rs. 20, Protected content (Commensurate with experience and qualifications) / Foreign interns will be reimbursed expenses (food, rent, internet, phone) up to Rs. 15,000 per month.
Best Practices Foundation (BPF) is an NGO that documents, disseminates, and innovates best practices in the fields of development, governance and gender. It aims to conduct innovative action research in partnership with practitioners and implementing agencies of the state and civil society. For more information please visit: Protected content
BPF is looking for Research Associates or research assistants with a Masters (for the Associate level) and at least 3 years research experience (for the Associate level). They will be documenting programs on site, conducting primary and secondary research, preparing toolkits, reports and manuals, and other publications.
BPF is looking for qualified candidates with social science backgrounds who have been trained in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, and are familiar with data management and analysis software (e.g. STATA, SAS, and SPSS). Based on their level of experience, candidates will be considered for the following positions: Research Assistant or Research Associate.
The ideal candidate should:
• Be fluent in written and spoken English
• Be well-versed in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
• Be willing to travel extensively in India for primary research
• Be creative
• Be a team player
• Be willing to lead a research team
• Be invested in the growth of junior team members
• Have excellent writing, documentation, and communication skills
• Have good interpersonal and interviewing skills
• Be proficient in computers
BPF is ideally looking for a candidate who is progressive, can think innovatively, has the ability to synergize with the communities and between research and practice. S/he must be able to flourish in a non-hierarchical environment and value principles of creativity, parity and innovation.
Please submit the following documents
2. A writing sample.
3. A cover letter stating why you would like to take up this position, why you think you are suited for it, and expected remuneration.
4. 3 references with their contact information and state your relationship to them.
CVs that are not accompanied by a cover letter and research sample will NOT be entertained. Candidates should e-mail their application to Protected content at the earliest.