Psychology Services (Bangalore)
I am a registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australian (PBA) under the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA).
The majority of my professional employment as a qualified and registered psychologist has been in Child, Family and Adolescent Mental Health Services for Australian Commonwealth Government under the New South Wales Ministry of Health. I have also practiced privately and in the Not for Profit sector in Sydney, Australia.
My approach is largely eclectic with a focus on Family Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Creative therapy (art and play based), Attachment based therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Supportive psychotherapy. I possess strong skills in family-based interventions, and I believe that the involvement of families in interventions is paramount in conjunction with individual interventions.
I am keenly interested in parent-child attachment and family systems. I am committed to utilising evidence based trauma and attachment informed treatment models in conjunction with other therapeutic techniques, in particular, focusing on the client’s strengths and resilience to support clients presenting various degrees of traumatic stress, anxiety and other problems.
My focus areas include:
• Family therapy (therapy with families as a whole unit and couples)
• Individual therapy (children and adolescents)
• Behavioural interventions/behaviour management plans for children with a wide range of emotional and behavioural problems (including diagnoses of anxiety disorder, ASD, ODD, ADHD, PDD, etc)
• Social skills groups for children with poor communication, emotional and behavioural difficulties
• Problems (emotional and behavioural) stemming from Parent-child attachment difficulties
• Evidence-based parent training programs
• Supporting parents to understand various diagnoses and designing interventions to help them support the child
I am trained to provide therapy to adults as well.
At present, I’m available at:
Manipal Hospital (Paediatric Department),98 HAL Road, Bangalore
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 1pm-5pm
Child Central Specialty Paediatric Clinic, #717/1, 16th Main, 6th 'B' Cross, 3rd Block, Kormangala
Wednesdays: 1pm- 6.30pm
**Tuesdays and Thursdays depending on appointments.
Please call Protected content appointments