Join now

The Big Decision (Bangalore)

Hi Everyone
I wonder if any of you can help us with your insider knowledge? We are a family of Protected content 8 and 6) from the UK considering a move to Bangalore with my Husbands job. He and I have just come back from a hectic few days in the city - we looked a 4 schools and some properties. We can't seem to make the pieces of the puzzle fit together!
My husband would be working on old airport road. We are looking for a friendly relaxed school environment, and a mixed housing community where we can get to know lots of different people, and get stuck in to activities and using communal pool. It would be nice for the kids to be able to cycle around etc.
We liked Trio World Academy the best, and BIS a close second - but can't seem to find a villa complex that is commutable for Trio and work. We know about Pebble Bay, but didn't ideally want to be in an apartment block..Does anyone live there, or can offer another suggestion?
We think Adarsh vista might work for BIS and work - can anyone comment on what that's like, and if there are other expat families there ( as we didn't get to see it). We can see it's quite expensive.
Our other option is to go back and look at the schools in the south we didn't get to see - Oakridge, Greenwood and Indus. Then look at living in Prestige Ozone/Palm meadows/windmills. Again, any thoughts on these schools would be much appreciated.
Lastly - have you got any comments on how you or your kids managed to get used to the culture shock?! Do you feel like you are living in 'a bubble' in order to deal with it, or have you all got stuck in?
Huge thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to help us - I really appreciate it.

Lauren

Bangalore Forum

Our Global Partners