Join now

Trash Trail - see Blore in a new light (Bangalore)

Hello everyone,

Bangalore has been in the news lately for the daunting piles of waste that have swept the entire city. I am working for an organization that works in the waste management sector. On some weekends, they organize trash trails - basically tours for people to experience how the waste gets picked up from your household and travels from one area to another, and ultimately lands in the landfill. The group size is 10 people or less, and the tour guide is an extremely well recognized face in this industry for years (Poonam Rastogi - founder of Daily Dump).

I think its one of the most educational weekends that one can have. One gets to experience the real city - the one under covers with a peak into the lives of the waste pickers, a close brush with the politics and inefficiencies of the municipal systems, and an insight into the practical, on-ground challenges in managing this huge problem.

A free lunch is included in the package. So please come ahead and let me know if you are interested. The cost of this trip would be INR 5,000. You can also ask for a discount if you sign up soon enough.

Bangalore Forum