Join now

8 days in BKK - 1st visit (Bangkok)

Hello :)

I am coming to Bangkok for the first time, Protected content April. Considering moving here from Dubai, so look forward to meet people to share experience and have some good time.

I work in jewellery and watches retail, plan to focus on gemology/microphotography, gem trade and evaluation, jewels and antiques. Would love to hear from fellow colleagues or people from the same circle of interests.

I would also very much appreciate your advice on the following:

- I need a very good tailor who can make a couple of formal jackets/suits/dresses so it will be ready before I leave. Being very picky about finishing and overall quality, I am not looking for cheap stuff, but prices have to be reasonable, not that tourist rip-off.

- What are the best places to shop for women's smart casual clothes, not necessarily branded but of great style and quality? Would love to buy a few nice Asian designer (wearable on a daily basis) dresses. I am tall Protected content and slim, so normal Thai sizes would not fit me.

- What would you recommend to visit apart from the staple selection of temples, trip to Ayuthaya (btw, what's the best way to book it?), Jim Thompson house and Chatuchak market? I am into fine arts, design, classic music and historical places. Any hidden gems?

- I am staying in Silom. Any authentic beautiful temple to go for a prayer/meditation?

Many thanks in advance!
Alena

Bangkok Forum

Our Global Partners