We are looking for an adult THAI NATIONAL, that loves animals, and has good communication skills with people too ;o)
Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Summary: The role of , serves as primary translator, liaison and educator of Animal Welfare to local government and the community. Provides general operational assistance. Performs animal care.
Serves as primary Thai translator for Lanta Animal Welfare.
- Responsible for educating the Thai community concerning Animal Welfare at schools, Radio, mosques and via the web.
- Works closely with the Animal Care & Transport Coordinator to educate residents and encourage cat & dog sterilization and responsible, humane animal care.
- Proactively targets areas of pet overpopulation and coordinates animal trapping and transport, veterinary care, and release
- Translates veterinary care instructions to animal owners utilizing the clinic.
- Works closely with the Veterinarian to coordinate and schedule animal trapping and intake for medical care.
- Works closely with Animal Care & Transport Coordinator to schedule and conduct pre-adoption home visits/inspections.
- Provides on-site assistance at mobile veterinary clinics: transporting supplies, surgery set-up, trapping and transporting animals, clean-up, and other duties as needed.
- Handles animals in a humane, safe, and compassionate manner at all times; ensures the welfare, safety, and comfort of animals during transportation.
- Performs animal care and cleaning duties, including night shifts, as scheduled/needed.
- Assists with other duties as needed.
Skills, Experience & Abilities:
Interest and commitment to the mission of Lanta Animal Welfare; Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal Thai communication skills; effective English speaking skills; Interest and knowledge of animal welfare related issues; Ability to use sound judgment when dealing with volunteers, clients, animal-related concerns and confidential information; Able to perform cleaning duties. Able to work a flexible schedule with regular weekend and overnight shifts. Can drive a motorbike. Desirable if you have a car licence. You enjoy working with people from many countries around the world.
You will be working with:
1 General Manager
1 Shelter Manager
1 Resident vet
1 Volunteer Coordinator
1 Animal handler/catcher and driver
Protected content from around the world, vets, vet nurses - all animal lovers
¥ Start: ASAP
¥ Location: Lanta Animal Welfare, Koh Lanta, Krabi, Thailand
¥ Type of Employment: Full time position.
¥ 19 days annual leave
¥ Free accommodation next to the centre,
¥ Salary negotiable
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV with a covering letter detailing why you think you would be appropriate for this role ASAP
For more information contact:
lanta. Protected content
Tel: Protected content
Tel: Protected content
Short-listed candidates will be notified by email.