Join now

Kunta Kinteh Beach Bar and Local Tours (Banjul)

I have been coming to TG since Protected content only discovered Kinta Kinteh in Protected content . It's a great beach bar in Kotu where you can comfortably spend the entire day and evening. One thing I found lacking before is there was no wifi but the folks here have sorted that out for this season! Wifi is free, just ask one of the friendly staff members for the pass code.

And speaking of friendly staff members, I highly recommend Yorro Bah, one of the helpful security men at Kunta Kinteh. The security men make the place enjoyable - you will not be hassled at all and if there is anything you need, they are always happy to help. Yorro is especially polite and helpful and has a wonderfully calm and peaceful demeanour. He is lovely to chat with and also understands that guests need their quiet time too. For your convenience, you can leave your towel overnight and he will put it on the lounger of your choice in the morning.

Yorro provides tours in The Gambia, both close to the resort area and further afield. For example, experience the authentic African sights and sounds of Serrekunda Market or visit the crocodiles in Bakau - you can even touch them! The South Gambia tour is one day and includes Lamin Lodge, Paradise Beach Sanyang and Tanji. If you fancy going outside of the tourist area, you can cross to the north side of the river and visit the ancient stone circle at Wassu. There are numerous species of birds to be seen in The Gambia or visit the elephants, lions, zebras and other beasts in nearby Fatala, Senegal

The tours that Yorro arranges are better than those offered by the tour operators as the price is reasonable and your money will stay in the local economy as opposed to supporting European owners. Unlike the tour operators, Yorro's tours are flexible in terms of when you go and what you see. No need to be held hostage by a schedule!

Yorro can be contacted by visiting Kunta Kinteh in person or by text or phone. His number is Protected content .