Join now

Another question re schools . . . (Barcelona)

Hi,
We are likely moving to Barcelona in the summer of Protected content . Our son will be entering 6th grade and I'm just starting to research schools. He understands most things you say to him in Spanish--my husband is from Argentina and we speak some Spanish at home, though not as much as we should. But our son doesn't speak much Spanish and none of us know Catalan. I'm assuming he'll need to go to an international school as a result.

I'm wondering about the personalities of the international schools in Barcelona and surrounding areas. Although academics are important to us, it is not the only factor we consider. Our son currently goes to a private school in Northern California that places emphasis on inquiry-based learning and social-emotional development. Because the move will likely be difficult for him, I don't want to throw him into an atmosphere that is strict or extremely competitive. I'd love to hear what people have to say about the environment/personalities of different schools.

Thanks in advance!

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners