Join now

Buyer's Agent sought to help us purchase apartment (Barcelona)

Hi Folks,

My wife and I are very keen to purchase a Barcelona apartment and we really need some help with the process. We are happy to negotiate an appropriate cash payment for this help with the understanding it would be someone with good local knowledge of the market who would act in our interests.

Frankly we've looked on the Internet and can find thousands of links to so called Buyer's Agents who are clearly NOT independent and would not act in our interests.

Also when we search for Spanish Real Esate in general, all the english-language web links point you to 'between the golf course and the beach'. Not what we are looking for! We are trying to buy in downtown area such as Born/Eixemple/Gracia, possibly also off-plan in that newer business district close to Born - I forget the name of that one.

We are also very interested to know how we can find out about Bank Foreclosure properties, or bankrupt developments that are being auctioned off by liquidators. We are aware that the Spanish/Catalonian banks are sitting on a mass of either partly or fully foreclosed property, but we don't know how to best find out about these, and what the process might be for bidding on such properties.

You don't have to have a diploma in real estate or a fancy website. You don't have to speak perfect English (we actually speak German and French also). If you are NICE and HONEST and have good local knowledge and some time to spare, let me know how we can begin the conversation. Or if you know of another person who might help us further, please give me their contact details.

Thanks so much in advance for any tips in this area!

We love the city and can't wait to spend more time there.

Gordon and Theresa

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners